For some of you, Snowflake adoption may seem a bit abstract. Maybe you think it’s a really cool idea, or maybe you don’t get it all. To us, it’s not an abstract idea. It’s not something we are trying to wrap our brains around. It’s the way we are going to grow our family. Snowflake babies (aka: adopted frozen embryos) have the potential for a heartbeat, for 10 perfect fingers and 10 perfect toes and for the ability to have their mommies and daddies proudly wrapped around their little fingers.
Laura was among the first snowflake moms to welcome me into the blogging community. She discovered my blog through a yahoo group that our adoption agency set up. She immediately introduced herself and began offering her support to me from the day that we first connected. She has really shown me that this is indeed REAL and that there is a little life just waiting for us to spring it free from the freezer and grow it into our arms.
Here is what I know about baby Makenna:
- She spent three years of her little life frozen in a tiny tube called a straw.
- She was born on June 2nd, 8 long days past her due date!
- Some of her outings have included her uncle’s wedding, church and her daddy’s softball games.
- She is a big (or is that little) Milwaukee Brewer’s fan.
- Everyone who meets her comments on her beautiful hair and big eyes.
- She has won her mommy and daddy’s hearts.
Thank you Laura, for reaching out to me and being a friend. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!
If you’d like to soak up some more Makenna goodness, visit Laura’s blog at The Best Is Here!